WE ARE BRANDMAKERS.
We’re located right here.
At 300 West Morgan Street, Suite 1475, Durham, North Carolina 27701, in the heart of downtown Durham. And on Instagram and Facebook.
And we’ve made all kinds of brands.
Global, check; national, check; local, check. Product introductions, brand creations and refreshes — brands brought back from the dead. Campaigns and communications in all media, traditional and new. We’ve been there and are happy to tell you the stories and show the scars if you want. Through all that we’ve developed a fairly straightforward way of looking at brands and the best ways to communicate them.
- A brand must be focused and true
- The communication and expression of a brand must be based on truth that comes from the company itself: not something made up that “should work”
- Everything the brand does, says, tries, develops or makes should be consistent with the overall idea behind its existence
- Finding that core idea is the essence of what we do
- Everything else flows from there
- Having fun while working is just better than not
This is Us.
Founder, creative director and resident wanna-be hipster. Dom’s standards are high, and clients like that. Perhaps it’s his training at Ringling College of Art + Design (no, it’s not a clown college).
Or it maybe it’s his 25+ years in the business, including national branding for Target Film Developing with Qualex, Kodak’s finishing division. Either way, his award-winning work delivers results, of the positive kind. And without the big floppy clown shoes, either.
Dom wishes he were Saul Bass.
No. I wish I were Paul Rand. Or maybe George Clooney. He's so dashing.
Rod is Engine’s partner, president and account director. With more than 25 years experience shaping award-winning, integrated communications for leading national brands like Audi, Sony, Qwest Communications and Gold’s Gym, Rod brings a formidable knowledge and passion for branding. Which means he’s like our spark plug. Or oil filter. Regardless, he’d be a powerful asset to your brand.